Job Title: Tender Coordinator
Employer: Fugro Survey (Middle East) Ltd (“FSME”)
Duty Station: Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Application Deadline: 30th March 2014
The Tender Coordinator is responsible for the preparation of tenders and proposals, and Business Development in specific regions, under the guidance and advice of the Commercial Manager. He/She will be responsible for:
• Manage and maintain preventive maintenance and break-down maintenance and repair of equipment, hydraulic systems, machinery, tools, winches, etc. and provide hands on guidance whenever required; also, provide services for minor repairs of laboratory and office equipment.
• Lead the fabrication and/or modification of rigs, drilling systems and specialist proprietary Fugro equipment; design and implement modifications to existing hydraulic systems.
• Streamline and manage Workshop activities through Equipment & Tools Database, Servicing Schedule & Records, Monthly/ daily plans, etc.
• Allocate manpower within workshop and for servicing on sites/other locations in order to maximise utilisation and keep overtime within budgeted limits
• Manage inventory of Workshop equipment, tools and spares, and oversee supply, storage and issue
• Maintain a roster of reliable and cost-effective vendors for required services and materials
• Establish and maintain positive working relationships with project managers, project leaders and department heads; lead, train and motivate own team
• Ensure adherence to safety requirements according to the company’s HSE policies and local health, safety and environmental regulations
• Administer registration and certification of machines and equipment to meet statutory safety and other compliance requirements
• Ensure cost-effective functioning of the workshop, and all related maintenance/ repair work carried out under own supervision
• Manage and maintain all relevant certification of all equipment to be kept up to date and properly logged and accessible for all relevant parties involved.
• Technical qualifications in Mechanical / Production Engineering
Skills / experience required:
• At least 7 years of hands-on experience in a mechanical engineering workshop, of which at least 3 years in a similar role, managing a small team (3- 6)
Role specific Behavioral competencies required:
• Ability to work unsupervised and observe, think critically and to solve problems using data-analysis, interpretation, and reasoning skills.
• Dedication and ability to work successfully with others in a team.
Information & Communication:
• Ability to receive information from, and convey information to others, in a timely and clear manner, using appropriate language, and communication tools.
• Client focus: ability to generate client satisfaction (internally and externally), potentially resulting in long term client relationships and additional business.
Planning & organizing:
• Able to set priorities and determine actions, time and resources (tools, software, people, and budget as appropriate.) to achieve pre-defined goals. Monitor and manage timely delivery, leading to reliability and client satisfaction.
How to Apply:
To apply for this position, please send your CV to the mentioned email address firstname.lastname@example.org
Stating Workshop Manager - Dubai 1540 in the subject line.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.