Job Title: Surveyor
Employer: Fugro Survey (Middle East) Ltd (“FSME”)
Duty Station: Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Application Deadline: 30th March 2014
• To conduct all aspects of allocated survey projects in supplying professional survey, positioning and mapping services for onshore, near-shore and offshore projects undertaken by the company.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Execute all survey related work in a technical professional manner and in accordance with Fugro Operating Procedures and HSE policies.
• Supervise Assistant Surveyor in accordance with Fugro operating procedures and HSE policies.
• Notify the Company of any errors, omissions, ambiguities or disagreements in any of the Company’s operating or safety procedures.
• Submit periodic operational and administrative forms and reports as required.
• Maintain a daily log of all work in progress and submit a timesheet each month Provide comments/suggestions wherever necessary to improve the working conditions and products supplied by the company.
• Maintain the cleanliness and tidiness of equipment, the workspace and equipment/storage areas.
• Safeguard and maintain equipment in line with standard practice and Fugro policy.
• Safeguard and maintain the allocated vehicle in line with standard practice and Fugro Policy.
• Adhere to the procedures and stipulations as stated in the division’s HSE Management System.
• Apply the contents of the HSE Management System while conducting survey projects.
• Ensure that Company’s Safety and Environmental policies and procedures are fully complied with.
• Give input for HSE MS Development when applicable or required.
• Play and active role in promoting, motivating and improving personal and individual HSE performance.
• Provide comments/suggestions wherever necessary to improve the safety in the working environment.
Main Working Relations
• Operations Manager for receiving work instructions, conducting journey management and reporting on progress of the ongoing survey work.
• Operations Manager and Project Coordinator; for checking in and out of vehicles and equipment.
• Survey assistant: for instructing and advising on daily activities and requirements
Client representatives on site and in site offices during site visits and survey projects
Experience / Qualifications
• Trained Surveyor with a minimum of two year survey course duration
• At least 3 years post qualification and practical experience.
• Knowledge of surveying equipment and techniques (onshore and off-shore), geodetic theory and computer systems.
• Practical knowledge of operating and trouble-shooting survey related problems.
• Must be in possession of a valid driving licence.
• Fluently in spoken and written English.
How to Apply:
Contact person Sandy Powell
Telephone +968 24596593
Send CV: E-mail: email@example.com