Job Title: Customs Clearance Clerk
Employer: Alpha Star Shipping
Duty Station: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Application Deadline: 17th Feb 2014
Freight forwarding company requires for immediate employment, a Customs Clearance Clerk, with experience in air and ocean freight customs clearance. Candidate should possess motorcycle license, and should be well versed with Dubai and Sharjah customs. Candidate with 1-2 years experience and if able to join immediately
• As a Customs Clearance Clerk you will work as part of a team and report to the Customs Manager.
• You will be involved in calculating and processing duties and taxes to be paid and may be required to sign documents under a Power of Attorney on behalf of clients. You will also pay, or arrange for payment of taxes and duties.
• Liaising with Customers.
• You will be entering details onto specialized customs software including CHIEF, CNS, Destin8 and CFSP.
• Allocating the correct licence depending on type of goods being imported.
• The Customs Clearance Clerk can be involved in attending meetings with Customs Officials in the application of duty refunds and tariff reclassification as appropriate and will assist with any appeals that are forthcoming.
• You will be required to be fully conversant with import and export laws and regulations. You will be expected to maintain your understanding and keep up-to-date with changes as they occur, so as to be able to advise customers on import and export restrictions, tariff systems, insurance requirements and all other customs related matters.
• The Customs Clearance Clerk will post bonds for the products being imported or assist clients in obtaining bonds. You will also be required to prepare the necessary import documentation such as certificates of origin and cargo control documents.
How to apply:
Please send CV to Mr. Indu Menon. Email: email@example.com