Job Title: Chief Accountant
Job Ref: CA261213
Organization: Allied Arab Trading Co. LLC
Closing Date: 11th Jan 2014
• Ensure the timely and accurate maintenance of the financial books and records of Company’s clients on a GAAP and market value accounting basis.
• Ensure timely and accurate quarterly and annual client reporting pursuant to the above standards.
• Coordinate and ensure compliance with the firm’s third party accountants.
• Manage all interactions with property management firms and third party accounting firms to ensure their compliance with accounting and reporting procedures for consolidation.
• Implement, maintain and monitor accounting policies and procedures consistent with GAAP.
• Interact with the asset management group during the budget preparation process for each asset in Company’s investment portfolio by providing them with financial information and analysis.
• Coordinate income and other cash distributions to separate account and commingled fund clients.
• Treasury maintenance for investment of excess cash, new bank accounts and other cashflow issues
• Interact with outside accounting firms to ensure accurate and timely audits and tax filings for Company and its clients.
• Manage the reporting process so that financial information provided to clients is both timely and accurate. This includes the preparation of a full set of financial statements and footnotes for each client on a quarterly basis and coordination of that information into the Quarterly Report, working with Portfolio Management and Investor Relations.
• Implement, maintain and monitor effective internal controls over Company’s financial operations. This includes monitoring the third party property manager’s compliance with these controls.
• Oversee and manage all banking relationships on behalf of Company and its clients.
• Ensure that all financial operations are in compliance with the Investment Advisers Act of 1940, the Securities Exchange Commission rules, and all federal regulations governing Company’s business.
• Coordinate and supervise an annual custodial audit in accordance with SEC regulations
• Have an understanding of all major issues affecting acquisition, management, analysis and disposition of commercial real estate assets.
• Assist the asset management group and ensure that their responsibilities are properly met with respect to the financial aspects of acquisition, management, analysis and disposition assets.
• Oversee financial compliance with investment management agreements that Company has entered into with each of its clients.
• Supervise Accounting staff to ensure: effective and timely production of all requisite reports, statements, memorandum and any and all other documentation on behalf of Company and its clients on or before the deadlines set therefore; the financial integrity of Company’s books and records relating to the firm’s activity on behalf of its clients; timely and accurate processing of cash management, accounts payable and accounts receivable; and proper handling of all tax matters and timely filing of all tax return related to Company and its clients.
• Maintain accurate and complete files and comply with the organizational framework of Company.
• Communicate all issues surrounding your activities to the Chairman and CEO on a regular basis.
• Any and all other responsibilities that may be assigned from time to time.
• Oversee all aspects of client initiated property level operational audits, from initial data gathering efforts, to follow-up with client auditors, to writing audit response letter addressing audit findings.
• Oversee and manage all aspects of the internal audit function of Company.
• Male/female, Graduate/Post Graduate in Commerce/Accountancy discipline with excellent academic record,
• Having worked as in charge for Accounts and finance administration,
• Ability to establish, supervise and monitor accounting and costing systems for trading and manufacturing, facilities management services activities, company’s business processes.
• Must have worked in ERP environment for min. 5 years and total experience in the similar industry of 10 years.
• Age between 40 -45 years.
How to Apply:
Please forward your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org