Job Title: Chief Land Surveyor
Organization: Al Qabdah Building Contracting
Closing Date: 9th Jan 2014
• Manages the crew’s daily activities in the field.
• Ensures that surveying data are collected and recorded accurately and that all company procedures are followed by crew members.
• May be in charge of many different types of surveys, depending on the purpose of the survey and the medium being surveyed.
• Feasibility studies – carrying out initial surveys and environmental impact assessments on potential sites to assess whether plans are workable
• Geospatial measurement – using surveying instruments and GPS to chart exact coordinates of site features; producing digital images of sites (photogrammetry); and mapping land use with satellite photography (remote sensing)
• Geomatics – gathering data and using geographic information systems (GIS) to analyse and interpret site features
• Geomechanics – monitoring land movement and subsidence caused during the construction project or by natural processes
• Computer-aided design – draughting 2-D and 3-D charts and maps of an area using CAD programs and other cartographic techniques.
• Must have expertise in collecting and recording data and producing drawings and maps.
• Proficiency with computer software, mostly those needed in Data collection.
• Experience with data processing and computer-aided design and drafting (CADD).
How to Apply:
Please forward your resume to: email@example.com