Job Title: Mechanical Piping Engineer
Organisation: Scalla Contracting Company
Location: Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Candidate must have a degree or diploma in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent with 5 years experience in piping construction or pipeline and equipment installation.
Must be familiar with drawings, materials related to piping and equipments Must have basic knowledge in material approvals, material inspections, welding and NDT method
Should know how to prepare Method Statements
Knowledge in detailed engineering of piping or pipeline is an advantage.
• Familiarity with and utilizing department design and drafting standards.
• Familiarity with project scope, specifications and design criteria upon assignment to a project task team.
• Recognizing and communicating scope and design changes promptly.
• Developing the design and drafting of complex piping drawings given basic information such as P&ID’s, GA’s, piping specifications, equipment drawings, etc.
• Performing field design work to ascertain current conditions, locate new systems, communicate with client personnel and assist in construction.
• Ability to perform survey/measurement tasks for existing equipment and piping.
• Preparing material take-offs from piping sketches for construction estimates.
• Planning and managing your site design activities for optimum results.
• On-site assistance during startup.
• Preparing man-hour estimates for your activities.
• Providing technical guidance to less experienced drafting personnel in the department.
• Coordinating work activities with other staff members and the discipline lead.
How to Apply:
To apply, send your CV at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications without reference (14069) will not be considered
Closing Date: 3rd April 2014