Wednesday, 29 January 2014
Consultant Job at EMC in Dubai
Job Title: Consultant
Job ID.: 114452BR
Job Ref.: 407532 Consultant
The Professional Services team is looking for a hands-on delivery architect. The successful candidate will play a lead role in the planning, design, development and delivery of database solutions and will in effect have technical delivery responsibility for the overall solution once the client is engaged. You provide technical and consultative leadership for Pivotal technical solutions on a range of complex IT consulting engagements. These projects will include operational tasks as architecture design, database modeling for MPP Systems, database installation, SQL Development and customization, performance and tuning, integration with third party solutions and documentation for the customer.
• Experience with database platforms, including Oracle, SQL Server or PostgreSQL.
• Working technical experience with designing, building, installing, configuring and supporting multi-terabyte data warehouses including "appliances" such as any of the following: Greenplum, IBM Infosphere, Oracle or Oracle Exadata, Teradata, Vertica or Netezza.
• At least 5 years’ experience in evaluating and selecting all infrastructure components such as software, hardware, database management systems, and networking capabilities.
• Technical knowledge of Unix/Linux Operating System
• Bachelors (Tech) or equivalent
• Analytical ability, problem solving skills and decision making skills
• Excellent organizational and time management skills
• Good command of spoken and written English
• Good Presentation Skills
• Willingness to travel across EMEA
• Develops detailed scoping and planning documentation and validates those documents with the client.
• Creates design and technical specifications from IT operational requirements that may be passed to other staff for development.
• Creates test plans from technical specifications and executes test plans created by others.
• Develops programs using standard ETL, BI, reporting, and/or SQL tools.
• Develops system architecture for complex applications as high-level design documents.
• Evaluates the technical feasibility and effort required to perform the design and development duties above.
• Tunes database applications to provide optimal performance.
How to Apply
Closing Date: 14th February 2014