Job Title: Technicians
Employer: Fugro Survey (Middle East) Ltd (“FSME”)
Duty Station: Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Application Deadline: 30th March 2014
FSME are seeking to employ a number of EXPERIENCED ROV Pilot / Technicians in staff positions to complement our existing team.
• To be safety aware, eg awareness of legislation/guidance, reporting accidents, awareness of company safety management system and own role/responsibility
• Knowledge of emergency procedures and handling emergency situations
• Knowledge of the ROV team members’ roles and responsibilities.
• Works as part of a team, assists others and communicates well with team members.
• Assists the supervision of launch and recovery operations.
• Fault finding and maintenance of ROV control and navigational systems.
• Carry out ROV system and complete planned maintenance schedules.
• Actively participate in adherence to and improvement of the company Management System on Quality and HSE related issues.
• To be capable in navigating ROV to work site when supervisor not present and perform all general manipulator duties.
• To understand use of sonar, changes in range/scales, use of acoustic positioning systems used by ROV’s.
• Can identify and change major hydraulic, electronic and electrical components and perform electrical and mechanical umbilical terminations with minimum supervision.
• Capable of undertaking trade specialist tasks.
• Ability to co-ordinate dive records – video, audio and written.
• To be effective in this role the appointed candidate(s) should possess proven skills in Mechanics, Hydraulics, Electrics and Electronics and be familiar with ROV systems, ideally with around two (2) years operational experience with Electro-hydraulic ROVs.
• The successful candidates should possess a thorough understanding of underwater ROV operations and equipment.
• A high degree of initiative and attention to detail is essential and a strong command of written and spoken english is vital. This role requires flexibility and the ability and willingness to work to tight deadlines.
How to Apply:
Telephone :+971 (0)2 554 7810