Job Title: Solar Project Manager
Organisation: Berg Engineering
• BS/BA in related discipline, or advanced degree, where required, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures.
• Strong knowledge of industry fundamentals and business operations;
• Excellent contracting skills;
• An understanding of job financial reports and the ability to apply these in managing assigned projects;
• Strong leadership, listening, verbal and written communication skills.
• Previous project management experience is highly preferred.
Job Duties among others:
• Manages large, more complex jobs or multiple projects from pre-booking to customer acceptance with a primary focus on our Solar Energy business.
• support the development and manage the installation of maintenance programs for solar projects.
• Supervises, directs and motivates the project team during planning, estimating, design, installation, start-up, commissioning, turnover and warranty of assigned projects.
• Ensures customer satisfaction during and at final project completion.
• Ensure best practices are followed for the development, implementation and maintenance of solar PV rooftop, carport and ground mounted systems.
• Participates in pre-bid reviews and sales to operations turnover meetings to evaluate accuracy of the sales estimate and job layout.
• Analyzes plans, construction contract specifications and codes to determine project requirements.
• Follows up with appropriate management to assure understanding and satisfaction of job scope.
• Manages the development of project plans in advance of project activity assuring effective execution by the Project Team.
• Monitors progress to assure compliance with the pre-determined execution plan.
• Prepares or oversees preparation of engineering re-estimate reports.
• Utilizes financial and monthly forecasting to manage and contain costs.
How to Apply:
Please send your updated CV to:
Closing Date: 03 January 2014